The harbour’s grounds are continuously being restructured to meet the demands and needs of its customers. An approved plan, including an environmental impact statement, and the option for further development of the harbour within the existing harbour area, includes a new harbour section west of Asnæsværket in Kalundborg Fjord.
Kalundborg Harbour is a self-governing public harbour, led by a seven member board of directors, of which five are from the municipal council. The daily leadership is under the direction of the harbour director. Economically, the harbour functions as an independent economic and legal entity without public subsidies. Profits are invested in maintenance of infrastructure, and development of harbour facilities.
Kalundborg Harbour’s mission is:
- To be the local harbour for West Sjælland’s industry
- To be a regional harbour for all of Sjælland, as we are a unique deep water facility, with depths to 15 m.
- To continue development as a gateway to Denmark
- To be a potential location for larger harbour based industries
- To maintain our position as one of Sjælland’sleading harbours, with the intention of providing the population, and industry, access to effective maritime transportationat the right price.